Friday, August 14, 2009

You know you're in love when you don't want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~Dr. Seuss

Chris and I lived about 50 minutes or so away from eachother (depending on who was driving). We saw eachother once a week and when I was lucky twice a week. I didn't get to go out just whenever I wanted to. There was always some sweet talking to do to Dad to keep him happy too. Every Saturday I would bake him a pie. It started out with apple or cherry, but I had three hungry brothers in the house that seemed to like my pies as well. So soon it changed to always being minced meat pie.
I was happy going out with Chris, but I knew he had alot of girls in his class (like 30girls vs 6 guys). Girls that liked him. I knew he knew them much better than me and I never really saw how he interacted with them, so soon after school started back up I felt that our relationship probably wasn't strong enough for long distance. This was about six months into our relationship. I was nervous until one day I had stayed after school to use the computers in the library for homework. It was our six month anniversary and VERY much to my surprise Chris comes in with a balloon (with my name spelled correctly on it too!)and roses for me for our anniversary!! This wasn't just a nice gesture on his part~he had basketball practice, it was his bowling night and there was a blizzard that he drove an hour in to see me. I never doubted him after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment